Vox Video 10/5/20

This week I watched a Vox video on science. This one was about weight loss and America’s problem. It talked a lot about how exercise usually doesn’t produce much weight loss. Your resting metabolism burns about 50-70% of your calories. That means that most of your calories you can’t even control. It also talked about what America’s “Food environment was like”. We have sports drinks and sodas with sport advertising. This tells us that as long as we exercise we can have sugary things, while this is not true. Our body sometimes counteracts itself. If you work out you are more likely to be hungry later, which might actually put you in “calorie debt”. America needs to prioritize how we advertise health to our people, maybe this is why we have 70%of people overweight. I wonder why other countries have beat us to this?I wonder why this isn’t talked about more in the media? I wonder who started the idea of exercise equals health?

5 thoughts on “Vox Video 10/5/20

1. Maddie, that is so intresting. although doesn’t exrsise reduce your blood presure and help with you bone and muclure structure so insome ways exrsise equels health but in others like wait loss it doesn’t. any way I was just confused about that. and I found this blog super intresting!!!!!!

2. Dear,Maddie I can tell that you payed attention in this video. It was fascinating to find out that 70% of people are overweight. I like how you had flow to your writing. I wonder what the maximum weight is for a person?
    sincerely, jack

3. Maddie – you are right about exercise and how junk for is marketed. You know about sugar I wish more people especially young people.