Elements 4/13/19

This week in science we have been learning about elements. We chose an element to put in a glogster. Whats a “Glogster”? A glogster is basically a digital poster board. I chose polonium, a radioactive element. Polonium is very dangerous, many people have been killed by polonium. A russian guy  named Alexander Litvinenko, was killed, by all accounts, from drinking tea laced with the radioactive element polonium. Polonium was discovered by Marie Curie, she later died from it and her coffin is lined with lead to protect people from being harmed by the radioactivity that still exists in her body. I wondered why she even wanted to experiment with it?

In science we also played a game where we had to identify an element by these definition cards, it was pretty fun. what  kinds of definitions? There were many different kinds, Some of them would be like ” It has 7 more protons than helium” or something like that, some of them also had models that you could count the neutrons. My classmates also have pretty cool elements. Lucy has radium (which was also discovered by marie curie).  Josie has bismuth ,which is this really cool  shiny thing ( and thats about all I know about that) Image result for polonium

2 thoughts on “Elements 4/13/19